The proper implementation and subsequent successful certification of an ISO 9001:2015 Quality Management System (QMS) can both transform a business and ensure that it can maximise all opportunities for bidding for government and large company contract tenders.
The P+P Team have come up with some helpful hints and tips for those considering the process
- The ownership of Quality lies with everyone in the organisation, not just the Quality representative
- Ensure that everyone understands your definition of Quality ï¿½ ï¿½Exactly meeting the agreed requirements of the customer and exceeding their expectationsï¿½ is a definition that works well
- Make sure that you lead by example. Talk Quality and then act Quality. If you are seen to be less than fully committed then donï¿½t expect anything more from your staff
- A recent change to the ISO Standard now calls for the organisation to demonstrate risk based thinking ï¿½ there are various forms of risk analysis systems on the market and P+P offer a particularly simple and straightforward software tool (please ask for details)
Some simple things to look for:
- Information entered repeatedly. This wastes time and gives more opportunity for error.
- You gather data, but then donï¿½t analyse or use it. Information and data that is not utilised is a waste, either use it or donï¿½t waste time gathering it.
- Everyone should use the same method and process. Agree a standard method of operation; it reduces confusion and the potential for mistakes.
- Donï¿½t over-specify in your processes or procedures, this leads to a constant need for updates and/or non-conformances. For example instead of writing ï¿½the task is performed daily by Xï¿½, try ï¿½the task is carried out regularly, at least weekly by a competent personï¿½
- Clear, concise, targeted and then acknowledged communication is vital for successful outcomes. Donï¿½t assume knowledge, agreement or participation
- Celebrate your successes. When things go right, let everyone know and thank those responsible for the outcome
ï¿½and the final tip
Talk to P+P and let us help you transform your business into a certified Quality business.