ISO 14001 Environmental Management System
PerformancePlus can help you implement your ISO14001 environmental management system (EMS)
Why do I need an EMS?
- You can achieve cost savings through the reduction of waste and more efficient use of natural resources (electricity, water, gas and fuels).
- You potentially avoid fines and penalties from not meeting environmental legislation by identifying any environmental risks and addressing any weaknesses.
- You may be able to reduce insurance costs by demonstrating better risk management.
- It’s often a basic requirement for successful bidding for large company or Government tenders.
Operational and Internal
- You can improve your company’s overall performance and efficiency.
- You are able to monitor and reflect (audit) your business and see which areas need intervention.
- The Environment is an increasingly legislated arena. It is very important to be aware of all of the legislation that applies to your business and to regularly check for both changes and your compliance with the requirements.
Hints and tips
Here are some useful hints and tips to aid the implementation of and smooth the operation of an ISO 14001:2004 Environmental Management System (EMS).
- We strongly advise that the EMS be linked to an established QMS (Quality Management System). This provides a ready-made framework for Change Control, Corrective Action, Audit and Continuous Improvement.
- Take the time to thoroughly think about and describe all of the environmental aspects of the business. That is everything that the business does or consumes that may have some form of impact upon the environment.
- Make your environmental action plan realistic and achievable. Target the aspects that will have the most impact on the business and be achievable in terms of the required budget and resources.
Want to find out more?
PerformancePlus can help you to transform your business into an Environmentally Certified business. We work closely with your team to plan, deliver and operate a structured Environmental Management System and then steer you through the process towards a successful Environmental certification. But it doesn’t end there; we can also show you how to maximise the potential advantages to be gained once you have achieved your certification in the form of new and increased business opportunities. So what are you waiting for? Contact us now to book your initial Environmental consultation.
There’s no risk, no obligation and, furthermore…
The initial consultation is FREE.
ISO consultants Ipswich, Cambridge, Norwich, Peterborough.